Thursday, June 12, 2008

Hello! You've found my blog!

What a difference the web has made to all of our lives...... and continues to make daily as it grows beyond what we all dreamed......

It allows me as an artist to keep abreast of what is happening across the world in the arts. Living in regional Oz, it has been hard to know what is out there.......until the web! Thru this amazing technology, I have found old friends, made many new ones and been invited to places I could only dream of.......

Last year, I was invited to the Florence Biennale, and for me this was the biggest challenge I have ever faced. I realised how far away Italy was from Australia, the cost of getting there and the awesome fright of exhibiting in front of the Italians with their exceptional artistic achievements that span centuries.

It took me 6 months to decide on what I would paint, another 3 months to execute the 3 panelled work, and a tight, tight budget to achieve it.

But the experience taught me so much about myself, the art world, how other artists see their place in society and on the planet that it was well worth the effort. I loved the Biennale! It has been the highlight of my career to date.

Please feel free to comment......

1 comment:

Marc Aussie-Stone said...

What a fantastic bloody artist this great woman is. I love all her paintings. Simple, bold and with beautiful colour shadings.
Keep on keeping on with your beautiful paintings Joy. Aussie