Sunday, April 26, 2009

Winter Blows In! Food Week!

Well Food Week went out with a bang! The usual damned cold blustery and rainy day for a grand finish! I climbed out of bed this morning grumpily facing the another winter's day! It's been four days since sun greeted me through my early morning window! I do love that sunlight to awaken to! As I grow older, I find the winter more and more depressing - cold seeps through the floorboards and into my old bones - ah yes, you say! I'm not old but I've packed a hell of a lot into this little ol' life of mine and I feel it! But Food Week, well that's for Sydneysiders visiting our fair place with their galoshes and brollies......not for me....in my world, soggy food, cold rain, mud and wine don't mix!

So here's a pic of the day!



See what I mean - no colour! Where's all my colour! What a day and then the phone rings....it's my good friend and confidante, Nina from the Chop Art Shop! She wants to give me a cheque and wants more paintings! Heavens you have to love that woman! She always sells well! I promise I'll come out straight away so I drag the weary bod into the car and head out!

Here's what I found on the way!


A rainbow but even it was finding it hard to be beautiful on this dreariest of days!

Had a lovely time at the Chop Art Shop even though a grim storm was promising to ruin our lives at any moment....the Gods really kbow how to wreck a Sunday....(Sun...day hmmm!) more like Stormday! If you're in Millthorpe don't forget to check out the Chop Art Shop - fun place filled with beautiful women and big smiles!

But on the way back got all inspired by this wonderful tree....had to stop and take a shot....


Hmm! Starting to think of e new theme to do......getting a bit inspired at last! Hope you're all good out there! and painting along well!

No comments: