Sunday, October 26, 2014

The Echidna Garden

Nothing is quite as ZEN as a walk in a wild wood and coming across a lone echidna quietly going about his/her business..... well, at least this was my experience of seeing this amazingly beautiful creature wombling along in amongst mauve melaleucas and bacon and egg plants this last week.
 So here he is...... emerging from the bushes. He/She hasn't noticed me as I am upwind and staring stupendously!
 Yes, a little closer, OMG!
And now just a few feet away and he/she still hasn't seen me which is strange as I am beside myself with delight!
And this is the pretty melaleuca that is such a feature of this recent regrowth from welcome rains.

I just wanted to share this with you all! It was a lovely week on Jacquie's farm in the Shoalhaven Region. Have a wonderful life!

No comments: